Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY Baby Photography: Part 1

At church there is a tradition when a new baby is born (or I believe when a child is adopted as well). Some time is taken out of the meeting to bring the child to the front of the congregation and give the child a name and a blessing.

It's a very beautiful event and my mother made a very beautiful dress for my little one. But I didn't get very good pictures the day of, so this morning I set out to remedy that situation.

I am not a professional photographer. I do not have a professional camera or any training of any type. I have no idea what aperture or ISO or any of those camera terms mean. My backdrop was the back side of our comforter draped over a beanbag chair.

My "Studio"
Even still, my results were acceptable, but not great. They were good enough to make me want to keep trying and not bad enough to make me want to give up entirely.

Later I will post what I learned from this experience and tips for taking pictures at home.

For now here are a couple of my pictures.






1 comment:

  1. I love the play of the white dress and the black background! Beautiful dress! And beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...