Monday, February 11, 2013

My name is Kate

My name is Kate. I have an amazing husband and a beautiful little daughter. I have a degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology and a deep love for building and creating anything. I also have a secret.

I've been struggling with postpartum depression and with its lesser known counterparts postpartum anxiety and postpartum obsessive-compulsive disorder.

It's not that I've really tried to keep it a secret. When people ask me an honest question I give them an honest answer. But I don't volunteer the information if they don't ask for it and "How are you?" is not an honest question.

When I'm not taking care of my baby's needs, I spend a lot of time double checking the lock on the door and that she is still breathing. Other than that most of my time is spent sitting on the couch reading blogs, watching movies, and playing games. Trying anything to distract myself until my husband gets home in the evening.

This blog is an experiment with a bit of self therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...